With three billion people actively playing games today, and fueled by a new generation steeped in the joys of interactive entertainment, gaming is now the largest and fastest-growing form of entertainment. Today, Microsoft Corp. (Nasdaq: MSFT) announced plans to acquire Activision Blizzard Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI), a leader in game development and interactive entertainment content publisher. This acquisition will accelerate the growth in Microsoft’s gaming business across mobile, PC, console and cloud and will provide building blocks for the metaverse.Read More
MetaMask is an online web3 wallet for managing, transferring and receiving ETH, and ERC-20 tokens. They also support Binance Smart Chain BEP-20 tokens and even allows trading on layer 2 solutions like Polygon, making it highly versatile. MetaMask’s seamless integration with most DeFi DApps makes it the most widely used wallet. MetaMask is available as a mobile app on Android and iOS. It also operates as an extension on different desktop browsers like Chrome, Firefox and Brave. The installation of MetaMask helps in bridging the gap between a normal browser and the blockchain platform. It is a easy-to-use web3 wallet and DApp browser that allows crypto newbies to take their first in the world of DeFi.Read More
This is a short guide to a few terms you may encounter when researching NFTs. Stay tuned to GWOPMagazine.com for more updates on NFT, crypto and blockchain news.
META Rothko is a virtual Artist in the METAverse. Rothko’s art is one of a kind and will live on the ethereum and polygon network. Decorate your pod or NFT Art gallery with an original META Rothko. META Rothko is an “ideation” created by Digital Vision Lab Studio @ GWOP University.
Own a META Rothko today: https://oncyber.io/rothko
Google.com holds the leading position as the most popular website worldwide with 89 billion total monthly visits in 2021.
How to quit your job in 2022
Americans quit jobs at a record pace in November as job openings hovered close to their all-time highs in a sign that workers continued to hold most of the leverage before the omicron variant sent COVID-19 cases soaring.
The number of workers quitting jobs vaulted to 4.6 million from 4.2 million, above the prior record of 4.4 million reached in September, the Labor Department said Tuesday. That means 3% of workers voluntarily left their positions, matching September’s record high.
Employers posted 10.6 million job openings, down from a near-record 11 million the previous month and just below July’s all-time high, Labor said in its Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey. Openings have topped 10 million for six straight months.
The decline was fueled by a drop of 261,000 openings in restaurants and hotels. Even as vacancies in that industry have fallen from their July peak, quitting and hiring have stayed strong, “suggesting that some of the hiring difficulties might be easing,” says Nick Bunker, director of research for Indeed, a leading job site.
Still, since there were 6.9 million unemployed Americans in November, that means there were 1.5 available jobs for each unemployed person, the most on record dating back two decades.
source: USA Today
Spotify is a Swedish audio streaming and media services provider founded on 23 April 2006 by Daniel Ek and Martin Lorentzon. It is the world’s largest music streaming service provider, with over 381 million monthly active users, including 172 million paying subscribers, as of September 2021. Spotify has $7.7 billion worth of assets with a net income of -$658 million in 2021.Read More
A quick smart guide to starting your digital asset collection
From Crypto Bzy Punks to Crypto Monks, NFTs have been the biggest crypto story of 2021. And even though NFT markets aren’t exactly easy to use… buying your first digital collectible isn’t hard — it just takes a little guidance.
Here’s how buying an NFT works:
- You’ll need an Ethereum-compatible crypto wallet and some ETH to get started. Buy some ETH from an exchange like Coinbase and send it to Coinbase Wallet (which is separate from the main Coinbase app; you can download it via Apple’s App Store or Google Play).
- Follow the simple instructions to set up your wallet – which is a place you can keep some of your crypto, a place to send or receive it, and your portal to the growing universe of crypto apps. (You can also download this Chrome extension to connect Coinbase Wallet to a web browser if you’d rather browse NFTs on a computer).
- There are lots of NFT markets, from Rarible to Mintable. For this tutorial we’ll focus on OpenSea — which is the biggest of them all, and works a lot like a decentralized eBay. To connect your wallet to OpenSea, go to OpenSea.io, click on the icon in the top right, and select “My Profile” — you’ll be prompted (and given instructions) to connect your wallet.
- Get browsing! Prices range from essentially free to hundreds of thousands of dollars or more for a rare item. Some items are sold via auction, while others can be snagged immediately via a “buy now” button.
- Even if the NFT is free or cheap, you’ll still have to pay fees to make the transaction happen. Most of the digital collectibles on OpenSea use the Ethereum blockchain, and the network charges a “gas” fee for transactions like NFT sales. Gas prices rise and fall depending on how busy the network is.
- Choose an NFT you like and make sure you have extra ETH to cover fees. Once you buy it, you can access the NFT via your crypto wallet until you decide to sell it.