Three months after its release, Bad Meets Evil’s debut Hell: The Sequel has earned the Eminem & Royce da 5’9 a gold plaque. Congrats. #Detroit stand up!
Over the weekend, Eminem played in two concerts for the V Festival in England. The Sun reports that Slim Shady cashed in on two million pounds for his appearances both nights, equal to 3.3 million usd. His sets were about 90 minutes each, and Rihanna was also a special guest who came out to their hit single “Love The Way You Lie.”
This week Jay-Z and Kanye West unveiled their long-awaited collaboration, Watch the Throne. The album’s timing and title couldn’t have been more appropriate—the Empire State of Mind rapper is hip-hop’s top earner with $37 million in the past 12 months, claiming his fourth Cash Kings crown in five years; his partner-in-rhyme ranked third.
1. Jay-Z $37 million
2. Sean “Diddy” Combs $37 million
3. Kanye West $16 million
4. DeWayne “Lil Wayne” Carter $15 million
5. Bryan “Birdman” Williams $15 million
6. Marshall “Eminem” Mathers $14 million
7. Calvin “Snoop Dogg” Broadus $14 million
8. Andre “Dr. Dre” Young $14 million
9. Aliuane “Akon” Thiam $13 million
Bad Meets Evil’s Hell: The Sequel claimed the top spot on the Billboard. The EP sold approximately 171,135 in its first week.
#Detroit stand up