4 out of 10 top grossing films this year were animated movies. Check below for full list of 2010 top earning films along with the estimated budget invested in order to make the film.
1. Toy Story 3 $1.06 billion budget: $200 million
2. Alice & Wonderland $1.02 billion budget: $150-200 million
3. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows $831 million budget: $250 million
4. Inception $825 million budget: $160 million
5. Shrek Forever After $737 million budget: $135-165 million
6. The Twilight Saga: Eclipse $693 million budget: $70 million
7. Iron Man 2 $622 million budget: $170-200 million
8. Despicable Me $539 million budget: $70 million
9. Clash of Titans $493 million budget: $125 million
10. How to Train Your Dragon $493 million budget: $165 million
1. Oprah Winfrey, media mogul, owner of OWN (Oprah Winfrey Network)
estimated earnings: $315 million
2. Tyler Perry, director/producer
estimated earnings: $125 million
3. Tiger Woods, pro golfer
estimated earnings: $105 million
4. Beyonce’, singer, actress, entertainer
estimated earnings: $87 million
spotted at VIBE
Selling a total of 5.8 million copies worldwide, Gaga beat out Detroit native Eminem’s Recovery ($5.7 million) as well as Justin Bieber’s My Worlds ($5.6 million).
Checkout Full List Below of this year’s top 20 albums:
1. Lady Gaga – The Fame (Monster) – 5.8 million copies
2. Eminem – Recovery – 5.7 million copies
3. Justin Bieber – My Worlds – 5.6 million copies
4. Lady Antebellum – Need You Now – 3.6 million copies
5. Taylor Swift – Speak Now – 3.5 million copies
6. Susan Boyle – The Gift – 3.0 million copies
7. Black Eyed Peas – The E.N.D. – 3.0 million copies
8. Michael Bublé – Crazy Love – 3.0 million copies
9. Sadé – Soldier Of Love – 2.3 million copies
10. Alicia Keys – The Element Of Freedom – 2.3 million copies
11. Katy Perry – Teenage Dream – 2.2 million copies
12. Take That – Progress – 2.2 million copies
13. Susan Boyle – I Dreamed A Dream – 2.1 million copies
14. Ke$ha – Animal – 2.1 million copies
15. Rihanna – Loud – 2.0 million copies
16. Mumford & Sons – Sigh No More – 1.8 million copies
17. Kings Of Leon – Come Around Sundown – 1.7 million copies
18. Bon Jovi – Greatest Hits – 1.7 million copies
19. Usher – Raymond V Raymond – 1.7 million copies
20. Linkin Park – A Thousand Suns – 1.7 million copies
American Grammy Award-nominated singer–songwriter–producer, Teena Marie, nicknamed Lady Tee, (sometimes spelled Lady T), a protegée of late funk legend Rick James passed today at the young age of 54, according to her manager Mike Gardner. #MusicLives4ever
R.I.P. Lady Tee
New DVD featuring up and coming indie hip hop/ R&B artist from Atlanta to Detroit. Over 1 hour of Music Videos from 2010 directed by K.B. of GWOP Magazine
Available on www.digitalvisionlive.com
New Years 2k11 will start off gettin’ to the #GWOP as soon as the ball drops for todays top Hip Hop/ R&B artist. Check the stats after the jump.
spottted at MTO
Jay-Z and his wife Beyonce will earn $1 million EACH to perform for 2,500 invited guests at the new Cosmopolitan Hotel in Las Vegas.
Rihanna: $250,000 to host at Pure at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas.
Nicki Minaj: $75,000 to perform at Miami’s Mansion.
Drake: $250,000 to perform at Wall at the W Hotel South Beach.
spotted at Thisis50
(Washington Post) — By the summer of 2003, 50 Cent’s debut album, “Get Rich or Die Tryin’,” had sold more than 5 million copies, and he was easily on his way to becoming a multimillionaire on these sales alone. But the rapper from Queens, who was born Curtis Jackson and had begun his career on the reputation of being shot nine times (a bullet was still lodged in his tongue), wasn’t content to remain a recording artist. And his young manager, Chris Lighty, himself a Bronx street kid turned businessman, was well-positioned to exploit 50′s stardom by creating multiple income streams. Lighty had come out of the Def Jam fold and managed such stars as Missy Elliott and LL Cool J. With Lighty, 50 Cent created the “G-Unit” brand, including a record company, a clothing company and a sneaker deal with Reebok’s RBK line. The G-Unit Clothing Company was a joint-venture deal, with hip-hop-influenced designer Marc Ecko fronting the money, handling the manufacturing and distribution, and splitting the profits fifty-fifty with 50.
Full Article click here
Top 200 Album Sales (Top 10 Hip Hop/R&B)
||My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
||Black Eyed Peas
||The DeAndre Way
||H.M.F.2 (The Hunger For More 2)
||Tha Thug Show
Earlier this year, Queens, New York Hip Hop icon Nas said in an interview that he had plans to release a second installment of his Lost Tapes. The September, 2002 release featured previously unheard songs by Nas, produced by the likes of Alchemist and L.E.S.
Nas has in fact completed the follow-up, titled Lost Tapes 2, and is waiting for Def Jam to green-light the project and give it a release date.
Click Here to Sign Petition here for Release of Lost Tapes 2